Stuff like this is cool and all but I hate that it’s always only aimed at trans guys*. I use binders, I need binders, and I am non-binary. It sucks to know that if I or another FAAB non-binary person needed a program like this we would often have to Lie about our identities or at the least accept being consistently erased. It pisses me off to be honest, I feel like non-binary people get erased or purposely ignored in projects like this because we’re either forgotten or no one thinks we want or need things like packers, binders, breast forms, gaffs, or other gender identity and expression stuff.
*The website itself says trans guys multiple times, though once the term trans-masculine as an umbrella term is used. That’s still fucked though because many non-binary people don’t identify with the term “guys” and don’t identify with the rather limiting umbrella term “trans-masculine” :/
I saw one before that said ‘actual trans guys’ and was specifically NOT for non-binaries because we’re not trans enough, apparently.
This sort of thing is also incredibly harmful to nonbinary AFAB people internally, like in the way we view ourselves. I’ve certainly had nonbinary friends talk about needing a binder to ease their dysphoria, but about not feeling “trans enough” to enter giveaways or to sign up for binder programmes like this. It’s not just a problem of programmes erasing our identities—it’s a problem of us hearing it so much that we start to believe it. Which sucks.
I do think there need to be a lot more programmes out there that are, if not geared towards nonbinary folk, at least inclusive of us, for all body types and needs and birth assignments. I wish I could work on setting one up, but I simply do not have the money to do a startup right now. I know a nonbinary friend of mine had tried starting a trans* closet-trading-thing a while back, but ey also didn’t have enough money for the startup.
- iamrazz reblogged this from humaninertia
- kobi-pie-monster reblogged this from projectqueer
- iwishiwasluigi likes this
- in-tense likes this
- citylifeinstills likes this
- inkstainedknitter likes this
- humaninertia reblogged this from projectqueer
- projectqueer reblogged this from transqueery
- hills-are-mountains reblogged this from transqueery
- hills-are-mountains likes this
- nxtransit likes this
- heathenqueer reblogged this from campdracula5eva and added:
- anshinwrites likes this
- lostamongthestars likes this
- owleyet reblogged this from andimprouvaire
- andimprouvaire reblogged this from pansycub and added:
- pagetwentythrree likes this
- campdracula5eva reblogged this from pansycub and added:
- transqueery posted this